A resident recently came to us asking that we post a flyer for her. Her grandmother she told us was in a long term care facility, and after spending much time there and getting to know some of the staff and other residents, she felt called to action. Many of the residents she heard we bed ridden or stuck in there rooms with little to do for entertainment. Some residents she was even told had been there for many years without ever having a visitor.
Alie has decided to collect donations for her grandmothers “neighbors”, and The Timbers want to help her get the word out.
If you feel called to help, here are few items that are needed
- Stuffed Animals/Soft Dolls/Regular Dolls
- Puzzle Books (Crosswords, Word search, Sudoku, etc.)
- Pencils/Pens/Markers/Colored Pencils
- Blankets (twin size, lap or shoulder)
- Non Perishable Foods (granola bars/single serve meals/candy)
- Gift Bags/Tissue Paper
- Costume Jewelry – big beaded necklaces, rings, bracelets (no earrings)
Body wash / body spray (mens and females)
Baseball Caps/Visors (solid colors and designs)
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Alie directly at 619-334-2561. Donations may be given to Alie by contacting her, brought to our leasing office or given directly to Lemon Grove Care and Rehab Center. Please pass this on to all of your friends and family and help give back to the community.